Region of Peel – An early morning traffic stop by officers from 11 Division has resulted in a man facing numerous firearms related charges.
On September 10, 2020, at approximately 2:30 am, officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of Hurontario Street and Queen Elizabeth Way in Mississauga. The driver of the vehicle was placed under arrest and further investigation led to the seizure of a 9mm Glock handgun, along with a quantity of ammunition.
Asmerom Tsegay, a 29-year-old man from Mississauga, was charged with the following offences:
1) Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
2) Possession of a Loaded Firearm
3) Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
4) Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was a Firearm
5) Possession of Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
Asmerom Tsegay was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on September 10, 2020.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-3311, ext. 1133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.